This has been developed for monitoring the SCC of individual cows more frequently than is possible with monthly laboratory results. Cows harbouring sub-clinical infections will tend to have high somatic cell counts, spread disease and contribute disproportionately to rising bulk tank cell counts. Better clear-up rates can be achieved by targeting selected cows for more frequent monitoring.
Features of the PortaSCC® Quick Test:
• Results in 5 minutes.
• Read by comparing test strip with colour chart
• Easy to use and inexpensive.
The test lets you:
• Check fresh calvers immediately before milk returned to tank.
• Monitor response to treatment – alerts you to a residual sub-clinical infection.
• Identify problem cows and quarters or follow up on cows identified by monthly laboratory tests.
For more information on PortaSCC® Quick Test, follow links below: